Saturday, March 1, 2008

Oh dear....

Apparently I'm not a very good blogger because here it is, one month later and I'm finally updating. So much has happened over the last month it's insane but I'll do my best to remember all the details here.

I had my follow-up ultrasound at around 6w4d and what we suspected was a possibility came true: WE ARE HAVING TWINS! It has been sooooo surreal and crazy and exciting and overwhelming I can't quite describe it. Overall, we are so very exciting and praying for two happy, HEALTHY babies. It does throw a wrench into many of our summer and fall plans but that's ok. I won't be able to do nearly as much or go to just about any of the places I had planned because apparently carrying twins is a little bit more strenuous ;)

So as my tummy is growing at a crazy rate, we are slowly processing what twins means (TWO OF EVERYTHING) and doing our best to prepare mentally, emotionally, spiritually and financially for the reality of having two little babies come September. I have had 3 ultrasounds in total now, the last being at 8w4d and everything has been just perfect. At the last u/s I saw their hearts beating again and they were both wiggling around doing a little dance for me. It was truly beautiful and amazing. I wish Josh could have been there to see it. He was there for the second ultrasound when we found out it was twins but was unable to take off of work for the third.

In other news, I have still been sick this whole time. I'm not vomiting but I'm just constantly nauseous. If I don't make myself eat something just about every hour, it's much worse so I'm an eating crazy person even though I feel so sick to my stomach. With twins, I'm supposed to gain a pound per week, so by 24 weeks (June 8th) I'm supposed to have gained 24 pounds! Hopefully I'm up for it because good weight gain means healthier babies in the end!

I will try and not let an entire month go by before my next post. I also want to upload some belly pictures to chronicle the crazy growth I'm experiencing. Whew!

9w6d

No comments: