Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ughhh, I may just vomit

Well nausea has set in full force the last two days. It takes a lot of work to walk around and interact with people like nothing is wrong. If my family were paying attention they probably already think something is up because I definitely haven't been myself but they don't seem too suspicious yet. I ordered preggie drops to help with the nausea and they should be here next week. I'm really hoping they help because I do not want to start throwing up. Grosssssss.

In other news I had some spotting last Sunday which sent Josh and I into a whirlwind of appointments and worry. I had an ultrasound which basically told us nothing because it was way too early. I kind of wish they hadn't given me the ultrasound because it made me worry for no reason. All we saw was a yolk sac and it freaked me out only to come home and do some research which told me that at 5 weeks (which is what I was) all we would have seen was a yolk sac! After the ultrasound I had to have my betas checked twice within 48 hours. Betas measure how much pregnancy hormone is in your blood and it should close to double every 48 to 72 hours. My first beat was 10,619 (super high but I'll get to that in a minute) and my second one was 19,170! I have another ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday (February 7th) and the nurses think that everything will be just perfect and we'll probably get to see a heartbeat! I am beyond excited for it and also a bit nervous. Grow little baby grow!!

As I mentioned above my betas were extremely high for how far along I am and it should be mentioned that twins run in my family. Fraternal twins are the type that are hereditary and only if it is on your mother's side. Well, there are two sets of fraternal twins on my mother's side and high betas can possibly, just maybe indicate multiples. The ultrasound this coming Thursday is getting more exciting every day. I can't wait!

5w6d

No comments: