Saturday, July 26, 2008

Warning: TMI

A week ago something kind of scary happened to me but I have to warn you, the following will include words such as rectum, blood and hemorrhoids etc. Stop reading now if it will be too much for you ;-)

Josh and I went to see The Dark Knight last Saturday around 12:30. It was a fantastic, twisted, suspenseful movie that I really enjoyed. The boys seemed to like it too. Between all the noise and their mom's adrenaline, they were moving like crazzzzy the entire time.

We had to stop at the grocery story right after the movie and when we got there I started to not feel well. I figured it was all the candy and popcorn I just ate, coupled with the emotion of the movie so I got some water and sat down for a minute and we kept going. I then had to use the bathroom so I found it and went. This is where it turns a little scary.....and gross. (Remember, this blog is for ME to remember everything, so I won't sugar coat ;-))

I had a regular bowl movement and felt better but when I went to clean up I looked down and the toilet and the TP was full of blood. Not just a little bit but similar to when a woman gets her period. Immediately freaking out because blood during pregnancy = bad, I cleaned up and tried to figure out where the blood was coming from. I was pretty sure it was coming from my rectum which made me feel a little bit better.

I got out of the bathroom, found Josh and told him what happened and immediately called the doctor. While I waited for the doctor to call me back I made myself go pee again. Again, any left over blood was coming from my rectum and not my vagina which is a very good thing. The doctor said she thought it was hemorrhoids and if anything else weird happened to come right in but otherwise I was told to go home and rest. So I did.

The rest of the day and the next two were completely normal. No bleeding, normal bowl movements, nothing to indicate what happened or what could have been the cause. I didn't have any pain to indicate hemorrhoids or anything like that. I had a doctor's appointment on Monday. The doctor did a rectal and vaginal exam (lots of fun!) and while he didn't feel any hemorrhoids either, he thinks that's what it had to be. I got to take a very fun, stool collection kit home and take samples of my self for the next three days and I have a follow-up appointment on Tuesday.

At my appointment the babies sounded good, both heart beats were strong, and they have been swimming away like normal all week long so I'm not really worried. The doctor did mention that I may have to go see a gastroenterologist which I really don't want to do but we'll see. This whole episode took place at 29w6d. I'm so grateful it was nothing more serious.

I have a check-up this Tuesday the 29th and another u/s the following Thursday on August 7th. End of nasty and awkward post!

30w6d!!!

No comments: